This is episode #18 and I am happy to have with us today Ed Clarke.
Professional Australian football player, Co-Founder and Managing Director of Yojee, an exciting logistics technology company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX: YOJ) that has developed a technology platform that builds a solution to redefine the logistics industry and transform it to keep up with the e-commerce boom, utilizing the global sharing-economy concept.
Ed has been featured by Executive Series in Australia, Tech in Asia magazine, Prime Mover, Proactive Investors Australia, Post And Parcel magazine and numerous logistics and technology related media. Being consultant, industry spokesmen Ed has been invited as a speaker to international conferences as an industry expert with a primary focus on logistics technology, blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning.
Ed is an experienced technology entrepreneur with extensive experience in taking innovative technology platforms to market in areas such as real-time communication, big data Marketing, and e-commerce. As Vice President of Sales at Temasys, Ed was part of a team that IBM recognized as one of the “Top-5 global start-ups to watch in 2014”.
Ed was Vice President of Sales and Marketing with Silicon Valley and Asia venture capitalist- backed marketing technology platform, Ematic, which now has more than 80 of South East Asia’s leading e-commerce retailers on its technology platform – a feat achieved within its first 12 months on the market.
Connect with the Guest:
Stay tuned as we cover:
- The story of Yojee
- What are the key clients that you work with?
- How complicated and costly was the process of raising funding?
- Is Blockchain going to transform the industry?
- The inertia between enterprise and technology. How do you see large companies innovating?
- What are some of the key messages you wish you could tell every logistics CEO?
- How do you grow your team?
Episode #18: Ed Clarke Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer Yojee
- [01:02] Tell us a bit – what is it that you do and the story of Yojee and key achievements.
- [05:11] What are the key lessons so far. Financing. Growth. Discipline
- [08:20] What are the key clients that you work with?
- [10:15] Talking about discipline. What are the lessons on listing on the stock exchange?
- [16:10] How complicated and costly was the process of raising funding?
- [19:20] Is Blockchain going to transform the industry?
- [23:12] Where is logistics and supply chain technology going?
- [27:59] The inertia between enterprise and technology. How do you see large companies innovating?
- [34:38] What are some of the key messages you wish you could tell every logistics CEO?
- [38:02] How do you grow your team?
- [39:48] Do you consider yourself a disruptor?
- [41:05] One of the company’s values is: Don’t go broke! How did you come up with it?
Episode #17: Dr. Yossi Sheffi Director of the MIT Center for Transportation and Logistics