Erik Cheong Co-Founder & CMO of Park N Parcel
This is episode 14 and it is our pleasure to have with us Erik Cheong. Erik is the Co-Founder & CMO of Park N Parcel, a Singapore-based logistics startup under NUS Enterprise portfolio, providing solutions to enhance the current last-mile fulfillment ecosystem. Their main focus is to provide online shoppers an innovative way to collect parcels in a hassle-free manner by directing their online purchases to nearby neighbours or neighbourhood stores.
Since its launch in 2017, Park N Parcel has successfully built a network of collection points with over 1500 Parkers islandwide in Singapore. Currently working with partners such as Carousell, Airfov, DHL and Aramex to prevent E-commerce platform & logistics companies from facing re-delivery and making their delivery much more efficient and cost saving.
Erik is heading the company’s business partnership such as collaboration, marketing and public relation Beyond his finance bachelor’s degree from University College Dublin and investment banking background, he is an entrepreneurial soul and an innovator with a passion to leverage on technology to enrich modern lives. Prior to Park N Parcel, Erik has started several business in the Hospitality, F&B and E-commerce sector with a strong belief in lean startup methodology.
Stay tuned as we cover:
- The story of how and why you started Park n Parcel.
- How are you managing service levels and security with these individuals given that they won’t be at home and available 24/7?
- When do you know if it’s time to acquire your own assets versus outsourcing through delivery partners?
- Technologies like AI, Blockchain – how can these be potential game changers in the world of last mile delivery?
- What are some of the risks in the business model? We see a lot of companies including SingPost and Ninja Van moving towards self collection points network set up. How would that impact you?
- How do you see the growth and development of Park and Parcel in another 5 years?
- Tell us a bit about the culture of Park and Parcel. How is it working in a start up environment?
- How did you select your co founders? And how did you hire your first members of the team?
- You don’t come from a logistics, last mile or eCommerce background. How did you learn about the industry?
- What are the skill set required for future supply chain and logistics leaders and entrepreneurs?
- What is the best piece of advice that you have received throughout your journey as an entrepreneur?
- Is there any personal habit that you think contributes to your success?
The interview is split into 3 parts – so if you want to skip directly to the point of interest please go ahead:
- [01:30] Part 1: Industry Trends
- [14:50] Part 2: Talent and Recruitment in Supply Chain and Logistics
- [37:10] Part 3: Personal success stories and habits